Manual NAD T557

28 pages 1.11 mb
Download

Go to site of 28

Summary
  • NAD T557 - page 1

EN GL IS H FRANÇAIS ESP AÑOL IT ALIANO DEUTSCH NEDERLANDS SVENSKA РУ ССКИЙ ® O wner ’ s Manual T 5 5 7 B l u- ra y D i sc ™ P l a y e r ...

• NAD T557 - page 2

SA VE THESE INSTRUCTIONS FOR LA TER USE . FOLL OW ALL W ARNINGS AND INSTRUC TIONS MARKED ON THE A UDIO EQUIPMENT . 1 Read instructions - All the safety and operating instructions should be read befor e the product is operated. 2 Retain instructions - The saf ety and operating instruc tions should be retained for futur e reference. 3 Heed Warnings - ...

• NAD T557 - page 3

19 D ama ge Req uir ing Se rvic e - Un plu g t his pr od uct fr om the wa ll out let an d r ef er serv ici ng to qua li ed serv ice pe rso nne l u nde r t he fol lo win g co ndi tio ns: a) When the power-supply cord or plug is damaged . b) If liquid has been spilled, or objects have fallen into the product. c) If the product has been exposed to ...

• NAD T557 - page 4

This product is manufactured to comply with EMC Directive 20004/108/EC and Low Voltage Dir ec tive 2006/95/EC. NOTES ON ENVIRONMENT AL PROTECTION At the end of its useful life, this pr oduct must not be disposed of with regular household waste but must be returned to a collection point for the recycling of electrical and electronic equipment. The s ...

• NAD T557 - page 5

INTRODUCTION T ABLE OF C ONTENTS THANK Y OU FOR CHOOSING NAD . The T 557 brings NAD ’ s penchant for performance to the exciting new Blu-ray Disc format. This Pr ole 2.0 Blu-ray Disc Player brims with the latest features and o ers for the rst time a true High Denition source for digital Home Theater systems. As with all our products, ...

• NAD T557 - page 6

INTRODUCTION GET TING ST ARTED UNP ACKING AND SETUP WH A T’S I N THE BOX Packed with your T 557 you will nd: • An audio/video cable connector • The BR 2 r emote control with 2 (two) AA batteries • A detachable AC po wer cord • HDMI cable (Eur opean version model only) • Set of rubber feet • This owner’ s manual SAVE THE P ACK AGI ...

• NAD T557 - page 7

INTRODUCTION GET TING ST ARTED REGION MANA GEMENT INFORMA TION Th e T 557 is de sig ne d a nd man ufa ctur ed to re spo nd to th e R egi on Ma nag eme nt Inf orma tio n t hat is r eco rde d o n a DV D d isc or Bl u-r ay dis c. If the Re gio n o r B D c ode de scr ibe d o n t he dis c d oes no t c orr esp ond to th e R egi on or BD co de sho wn on t ...

• NAD T557 - page 8

IDENTIFICA TION OF C ONTROLS FRONT P ANEL 1 ST AN DB Y : P re ss thi s b utt on to swi tc h O N t he T 5 57. The di spl ay win dow wi ll ill umi nat e. If the re is di sc loa ded , t he dis pla y w ind ow wi ll sho w t he pl ayb ack ti me sta tus of th e d isc . If t her e is no dis c l oad ed, th e VF D w ill br ie y s how “NO DI SC” a nd t ...

• NAD T557 - page 9

IDENTIFICA TION OF C ONTROLS REAR P ANEL 1 AC MAINS INPUT : The T 557 comes supplied with a separat e AC Mains cable. Befor e connec ting the cable to a live wall socket, ensure rst that it is rmly connected to the T 557’ s AC Mains input sock et. Always disconnect the AC Mains cable plug from the live wall socket rst, before disconnecti ...

• NAD T557 - page 10

1 ON: Switch T 557 ON. 2 OFF: Switch T 557 OFF . 3 A UDIO: S elect an audio language. SUB TITLE: Selec t a subtitle language. Z OOM: Enlarge video image. PICTURE: Display or exit the P ic ture Mode menu. 4 0-9 number buttons: Select numbered items in a menu. 5 RPT : R epeat track, chapter , title, le, folder , all. CLEAR: Remove a marker on the ...

• NAD T557 - page 11

Y ou may operate the T 557 from its front panel or via the BR 2 remote control. Since the r emote control will be the primar y controller for most cases, we will f ocus on remote -controlled operations. Be sure also to r ead the section, “IDENTIFICA TION OF CONTROLS - FRONT P ANEL ” . USING THE HOME MENU Fr om the Home Menu screen, you can acce ...

• NAD T557 - page 12

RESOLUTION The T 557 provides several video output resolutions for the HDMI OUT and COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks. Resolution can be changed via the “Resolution ” option in the DISPLA Y SE TUP menu or by toggling the [RES] button of the BR 2 remote contr ol. The T 557 must be at ST OP mode when BR 2’ s [RES] button is used to change the RESOL UTI ...

• NAD T557 - page 13

COMPONENT VIDEO OUT C ONNEC TION • F or the 1080p resolution setting with unprotected media, the COMPONENT VIDEO OUT resolution will change to 1080i. • When a prot ec ted media is loaded f or playback , 720p, 1080i or 1080p resolution settings of COMPONENT VIDEO OUT will change to either 480i/576i or 480p/576p (depends upon the connectivity of ...

• NAD T557 - page 14

A UDIO SETUP MENU Each DVD disc has a variety of audio output options. Set the T 557’ s AUDIO options according to the type of audio system you use. HDMI/SPDIF DIGIT AL A UDIO OUTPUT Select the audio output setting for HDMI OUT or DIGIT AL AUDIO OUT por t. PCM Stereo: Select when connected to a two- channel digital ster eo decoder . PCM Mul ...

• NAD T557 - page 15

L OCK SETUP MENU APPLICABLE TO BD AND DVD PLA Y BACK ONL Y Some movies contain scenes that may not be suitable for childr en to view. Many of these discs contain parental control inf ormation that applies to the complete disc or to certain scenes on the disc. Movies and scenes are rated depending on the country. Some discs oer more suitabl ...

• NAD T557 - page 16

NETWORK SETUP MENU The NET WORK settings are needed to use the BD Live feature . B y connecting the T 557 t o the internet, special BD -ROM sites can be enabled by some BD-ROM discs. Online contents can be downloaded and watched if a BD-ROM site contains links to future movie trailers, bonus contents and other related f eatures. Ensure proper br oa ...

• NAD T557 - page 17

CONNECTION ST A TUS Selecting “Connection Status” will test and consequently display the status of your network connection. The status of y our net work connection will be displayed like “Success” (as in above OSD) or “F ail” . NOTES ON NET WORK CONNECTION • NAD is not responsible for any malfunction of the T 557 and/or the internet c ...

• NAD T557 - page 18

USB MODE The T 557 can play back MP3/WMA/JPEG/PNG/DivX les stored in external USB (Universal Serial bus) devices. The following are the T 557’ s capabilities with respect to USB device playability. • Support USB Flash Drive and External HDD formatted in F A T16, F A T32 or NTFS. • Support USB 1.1 and USB 2.0. • Support up to 4 partitions ...

• NAD T557 - page 19

VI EW IN G A PH OTO FI LE The T 557 allows the playback or viewing of PHOT O les. 1 Load the applicable disc or connect USB containing les. Select “Photo ” from the “Home” menu. P ress [ENTER]. 2 The PHOT O menu appears on the T V screen. A thumbnail of the photos loaded in the disc will be shown in the OSD . 3 Press [ ] t o go over t ...

• NAD T557 - page 20

ADJUSTING THE PICTURE MODE Select the video quality mode dur ing playback. Y ou can adjust various options such as Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, etc. 1 Press BR 2’ s [PIC TURE] button while playing a BD , D VD or a movie le. The [Picture Mode] menu appears on the screen. 2 Use [ ] to select between “Standard” and “User Setting” opti ...

• NAD T557 - page 21

Depending on the media, the following basic function controls of the T 557 can be accessed directly using the BR 2 remote control . AUDI O The AUDIO butt on will allow one to switch the audio language or format only if the media supports the AUDIO button feature . Pr ess [AUDIO] repeatedly to select desired audio language or f ormat. SUBTITLE It is ...

• NAD T557 - page 22

OPERA TION US I NG T HE T 557  F UN C TI O N CON TR OL MARKER, SEARCH, CLEAR Use the [MARKER] button to selectively mark a scene that you wish to playback. ENTER A MARKER Pr ess [MARKER] at the desired point on the disc. The marker icon appears on the screen briey . Y ou can enter up to nine markers. RECALL OR CLEAR A MARKER SCENE Pr ess [SEA ...

• NAD T557 - page 23

REFERENCE REFERENCE T ABLES RESOL UTION SETTINGS PLA YBA CK OF UNPRO TECTED MEDIA VIDEO OUTPUT RESOLUTION HDMI OUT COMPONENT VIDEO OUT VIDEO OUT HDMI CONNECTED HDMI DISCONNECTED 480i/576i 480p/576p 480i/576i 480i/576i 480i/576i 480p/576p 480p/576p 480p/576p 480p/576p 480i/576i 720p 720p 720p 720p 480i/576i 1080i 1080i 1080i 1080i 480i/576i 1080p/24 ...

• NAD T557 - page 24

REFERENCE L AN GUAGE CODE LI ST Use this list to input your desired language f or the following settings: DISC AUDIO/DISC SUBTITLE/DISC MENU language . Language Code Abkhazian 6566 Afar 6565 Afrikaans 6570 Albanian 8381 Ameharic 6577 Arabic 6582 Armenian 7289 Assamese 6583 Aymara 6588 Azerbaijani 6590 Bashkir 6665 Basque 6985 Bengali; Bangla 6678 B ...

• NAD T557 - page 25

REFERENCE AREA C ODE COD E C ount ry AF Afg hani stan AL Alba nia DZ Alge ria AS Am erica n Sa moa AD And orra AO Ang ola AI Ang uill a AQ Ant arct ica AG Antig ua an d Bar buda AR Arg enti na AM Ar meni a AW Aru ba AU Austr alia AT A ustri a AZ Azer baidj an BS B aham as BH Ba hrain BD Ba ngla desh BB B arbad os BY B elaru s BE B elgiu m BZ Bel iz ...

• NAD T557 - page 26

REFERENCE TROUBLESHOO TING CONDITION POSSIBLE CA USES POSSIBLE SOL UTIONS No power . • The pow er cord is disconnected. • Plug the power cord int o the wall outlet securely . The power is on, but the T 557 does not work. • No disc is inser ted. • I nsert a disc. No picture. • The TV is not set to receive video input signal from the T 557 ...

• NAD T557 - page 27

SY STEM Signal system Auto/NTSC/P AL (European version model only) NTSC (North America version model only) Laser Semiconductor laser Frequency response ±2dB (Ref. 0dB 20 Hz – 20 kHz) Signal-to-noise ratio >100dB (A-WTD, analog OUT ) Dynamic range >95 dB T otal Harmonic Distortion <0.008 % LAN port Ethernet jack , 10 Base-T/100 Base- T X ...

• NAD T557 - page 28

ww w .NADelectronics.com ©2009 NAD ELECTRONICS INTERNA TIONAL A DIVISION OF LENBROOK INDUSTRIES LIMITED All ri ghts re serve d. NAD a nd the N AD logo ar e trade marks of NAD El ectro nics In terna tional , a divi sion of Lenbr ook Ind ustrie s Limi ted. No pa rt of th is publ icati on may b e repro duced, store d or tran smitt ed in an y form wi ...

Manufacturer NAD Category Blu-ray Player

Documents that we receive from a manufacturer of a NAD T557 can be divided into several groups. They are, among others:
- NAD technical drawings
- T557 manuals
- NAD product data sheets
- information booklets
- or energy labels NAD T557
All of them are important, but the most important information from the point of view of use of the device are in the user manual NAD T557.

A group of documents referred to as user manuals is also divided into more specific types, such as: Installation manuals NAD T557, service manual, brief instructions and user manuals NAD T557. Depending on your needs, you should look for the document you need. In our website you can view the most popular manual of the product NAD T557.

Similar manuals

A complete manual for the device NAD T557, how should it look like?
A manual, also referred to as a user manual, or simply "instructions" is a technical document designed to assist in the use NAD T557 by users. Manuals are usually written by a technical writer, but in a language understandable to all users of NAD T557.

A complete NAD manual, should contain several basic components. Some of them are less important, such as: cover / title page or copyright page. However, the remaining part should provide us with information that is important from the point of view of the user.

1. Preface and tips on how to use the manual NAD T557 - At the beginning of each manual we should find clues about how to use the guidelines. It should include information about the location of the Contents of the NAD T557, FAQ or common problems, i.e. places that are most often searched by users in each manual
2. Contents - index of all tips concerning the NAD T557, that we can find in the current document
3. Tips how to use the basic functions of the device NAD T557 - which should help us in our first steps of using NAD T557
4. Troubleshooting - systematic sequence of activities that will help us diagnose and subsequently solve the most important problems with NAD T557
5. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
6. Contact detailsInformation about where to look for contact to the manufacturer/service of NAD T557 in a specific country, if it was not possible to solve the problem on our own.

Do you have a question concerning NAD T557?

Use the form below

If you did not solve your problem by using a manual NAD T557, ask a question using the form below. If a user had a similar problem with NAD T557 it is likely that he will want to share the way to solve it.

Copy the text from the picture

Comments (0)