Manual Sony Ericsson T300

70 pages 0.85 mb
Download

Go to site of 70

Summary
  • Sony Ericsson T300 - page 1

T300/T302 August, 2002 ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 2

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 2 Contents Purpose of this docume nt ................. ............. ................... ............. ............. 3 Product overvi ew ............... ............. ................... ............. ................... ............. ....... 4 Key functions and featu res ...................... ................. ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 3

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 3 Pr eface Purpose of this document The Sony Ericss on T300/T3 02 White Pap er is design ed to giv e the r eader a deepe r techni cal understa nding of how the T30 0/T302 is designe d, and of h ow it int eract s with oth er medi a. This document will make it easier to integrate the T300/T30 2 with the IT and com ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 4

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 4 Pr oduct overview The T300 /T302 is Sony Er icsson´s rough diamond - calm, pl ain a nd simpl e in ap pearance but absol utely bu rsting wi th fun featu r es for cons umers and rev enue wi nners fo r networ k operato rs. The T300/T 302 marketin g focus is on messagin g. It has a ll EMS and pic tur e messag ing ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 5

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 5 The downloa dable games can full y take advant age of t he phone´ s interf aces, such as TCP/IP , SMS, vibrator and backlights. The virtual machin e executes the downl oading of games for the optimal game experi ence. The u ser can download an unlimite d numbe r of games as long as the f ile syst em allows i ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 6

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 6 More in-phone functions E-mail The T300/T3 02 is one of the first mobile phones on the market with a built -in fully function al e- mail clien t. With inbox, outb ox, save dra ft and reply op tion s, you have a ll the f unct ions y ou need for effectiv e e-mail communicat ion in a smal l and po werful m obil e ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 7

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 7 Sound browser From t he Sound br owser function, t he user can handle al l sou nds (for ex ampl e MIDI, eM elodies , iMelod ies an d sound re cor dings) stor ed i n the phon e. Th e us er ca n play , s end and v iew infor mation o n the s ounds. Ring si gnals (MIDI , eMe lody , i Melo dy , v Mel ) can b e do w ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 8

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 8 Multimedia in the T300/T302 The T300/ T302 is a multi media phon e. The colour d isplay t ogether with the audi o functio nalit y giv es the us er sever al multi media possib ilit ies. For e xampl e, soun ds can be r ecor ded and st or ed. By usin g themes, i t is ea sy to change t he appea rance o f the displ ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 9

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 9 MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) One of th e key feat ur es in th e T300/ T302 is th e Multimed ia Mes saging Serv ice (M MS), expect ed to become the pre ferr ed mes saging metho d of mobil e te rmina l us ers , sin ce th ere are v irt uall y no limit s to the cont ent of an MMS tran smission. An MMS messa ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 10

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 10 Audio MMS pr ovi des the ab ility to se nd and r eceive full sound (iMelo dy , MID I and AMR) mes sages. Not only can users sh ar e a favour ite son g ot ring signal with a friend, t hey can al so use the mobil e phone to r eco rd sou nd and send it along with a message. Because sou nd includ es speech as wel ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 11

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 11 The MMS se rver , thro ugh wh ich MMS mess ages ar e sent , suppor ts flexib le ad dr essing ( to both normal phon e numbers ( MSISDN) and e- mail accoun ts), which makes user in terface mor e frie ndly an d allo ws gr eater c ontr ol for op erat ors. The MMS serve r , moreo ver , is re sponsib le for th e in ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 12

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 12 Message con version The MMS-C is able to perform limi ted message conversi on - for examp le, fr om MMS to SMS - so that pr ocessing and ai r time is no t wasted i n sendin g messag es to mobil e terminals t hat do not ha ve adequa te cap abilit y to r eceive them. It also han dles serv ice aspect s such as s ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 13

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 13 EMS (Enhan ced Messaging Service) Enhanced Messag ing Servic e (EMS) ad ds ne w powerful func tionality to the well-kno wn SMS stand ar d. With it , mobile phone us ers can ad d life to SMS text messa ging in the form of pict ures, animat ions,s ound an d formatt ed text. This gives the users new ways t o exp ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 14

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 14 Compatible with SMS standar ds Users will f ind EMS as easy t o use as SMS. At the moment 15 bill ion SMS messag es, ar e sent every month worl dwide. Roug hly 80% of this traffi c is use r -to-user , i.e. mobile phon e user s sending s hort messa ges to each other usin g the keypad of the phone to enter text ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 15

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 15 Using W eb, WAP And SMS for downl oad Alr eady tod ay serv ices exi st on the I nternet wher e users ca n cr eat e melodi es, and view icons an d pictur es, subscribe t o entert ainme nt and informa tions serv ices. Thes e may deve lop furth er in the fut ure to suppo rt access v ia PC over the Inte rnet, fro ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 16

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 16 W A P services The T300/ T302 has a W AP br owser , supportin g WAP 2.0 (WML 1.3). W AP 2.0 optimizes usage of higher bandwid ths and pa cket -based connect ions of wi re less net works. The typic al W AP cli ent is a small, p ortable devi ce connect ed to a wir eless networ k. This includ es mobile pho nes, ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 17

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 17 Maint ain cust omer base Existin g servi ces can be adapted to WA P . The necess ary bin ary encod ing i s handl ed by a W AP Gateway , allowing HTML-b ased servi ces to be viewed on th e W AP brows er of the T300/T3 02. An XHTML page ca n be viewed in both the WAP browser an d in any standa rd W eb b rowser ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 18

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 18 Server authentica tion r equ ire s a server certi ficate stor ed at t he server si de an d a trusted certi ficate stor ed at the c lient s ide. Client authent ication re quir es a cl ient cer tificat e stor ed at the c lien t side and a t rusted certifi cate stor ed at the s erver si de. A Wir eless Identit y ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 19

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 19 Push services Exampl es of W AP servi ces that ca n be pus hed incl ude: • Notific ation of n ew e-mail, voice mail, et c. • News, spor ts r esu lts, weath er for ecas ts, finan cial inf ormatio n (st ock quot es etc. ). • Pe rsonal Infor mation M anage r (PIM ) - delive ry of conta cts, meetin g r eque ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 20

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 20 Mobile positioning The geograph ic location of mobile sub scribers can be u sed to pr ovide them with r elated informat ion and a variety of servi ces. Sony Ericsson’s Mob ile Positi oning System ( MPS) gives ope rators a fas t and cos t-effecti ve way to esta blis h and r oll out lo catio n-b ased se rvice ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 21

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 21 Using GPRS in the T300/T302 Instead of occupyi ng an enti re voice chann el for the duration of a data se ssion, the T300/T 302 sends /r eceives d ata in s mall p ackets, a s needed , much lik e IP on the Internet. Because of t his, the T300/T30 2 maintains a cons tant onlin e connec tion , its d ata tran smi ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 22

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 22 Usin g with the T300/ T30 2 has sev eral adv antag es, for ex ampl e: • All conn ection se tti ngs can be man aged by us ing the data c onnec tio ns fe atur e. • High speed Gain access automatica lly t o incr eased bandwidth when d ownloading lar ge files, images etc . • Cost effic ient Use trans missio ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 23

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 23 Modem and AT commands The T300/T30 2 contains a complete GSM/ GPRS modem. This provi des data and e-mail communi catio n, as well as Internet/in tranet access, for a con nected PC, PDA or handh eld device . Once the PC/PDA i s connected to the phone using in frar ed, and the appr opr iate softw ar e is inst a ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 24

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 24 The AT comma nds in the T300/T302 are gr ouped as follows: • Contr ol and Id entif ication •C a l l C o n t r o l • Interface Command s • Data Compr ession • Mode Management •A u d i o C o n t r o l • Accesso ry Menu s • Access ory Authenti cation • V oic e Ca ll Co ntr ol • Accesso ry Ide ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 25

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 25 Infrar ed transceiver Infrar ed commu nicati on cr eates a dat a link between two c ommunications devices through an infrar ed beam of lig ht. On the T300/T3 02, th is lin k is used to connect w ith des ktop compu ters, PDAs, Sony Ericsson handheld comp uters, laptop PCs , other phones ( for example, the T39) ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 26

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 26 In-phone functions and features *Subscri ption a nd/or netwo rk-depen dent A Antenna con nector , external for HF ki ts No B Backgr ound ligh t Y es Backgr ound p ictur es, pr e-defined Y es Backgr ound p ictur es, do wnload able Y es, onl y limite d by memory Bluetooth wir eless technol ogy suppo rt No Bookm ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 27

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 27 Colour d isplay Y es, 256 c olour , 101x80 pixels Connecte d Line Identit y Pre sentati on (COLP) Y es Contacts Y es Copyrigh t pr otectio n Y es, po ssibl e with copyri ght pr otection via EMS and MMS. CSD , Ci rcuit S witch ed D ata* Y es D Dat e Y es Displa y ligh t Y es E EDGE (Enhan ced Da ta rates f or ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 28

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 28 L Lan guag es 36 M Melody compos er Y es Memory chec k Y es, dynami c memory al location: 1.0 Mb MMS (Mul timedia Messagi ng Servi ce) Y es MMS pi ctur es, pr e-de fined Y es, 1 0 MMS template s, pre-defined Y es, 3 Mobile ch at Y es Modem Y es, v ia I R Nokia Gr oup Graphics Y es, r eceivin g Nokia Operator ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 29

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 29 Pictur e edit or Y es, st and-al one pict ure edit or facilit y . Her e the us er can cr eate new and edit existing p ictur es (WBMP). Pict ure me ssa ging Y es, sen ding /recei ving Picture Phone book Y es Pictur es, ex change Y es, via EMS, MM S and inf rar ed. Poly phon ic rin g sig nals Y es Predictive te ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 30

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 30 SMS templa tes Y es, up to 10 t emplates of 30 characte rs each Sound br owser Y es. Gives th e user acce ss to so unds stor ed in th e phone . Soun d handli ng Y es (iM elody , M IDI an d AMR) Sound recorder Y es, the total time is only limited by the memory . Th e sound r ecor dings canno t be us ed as ri n ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 31

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 31 WTLS for a dded WAP security* Y es, WTL S class 1/2/3 and SignT ext ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 32

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 32 Network-dep endent features SMS and EMS messa ging The T300 /T302 i s capab le of se nding a nd rece ivin g SMS and EMS mes sages, an d linked messages. • With the Sh ort Messa ging Ser vice, a us er can send text mes sages co ntai nin g up to 160 chara cters to an d fr om GSM mobile statio ns • With t he ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 33

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 33 SIM application toolkit The SIM Application T oolkit (SIM AT) is a smart car d-centri c method of deplo ying pr ograms that apply only to GSM and to SMS and USSD transports. Pr ograms must be distributed on smart car ds. WAP is an In ternet-cent ric met hod of deployi ng pr ograms tha t is independent of netw ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 34

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 34 GET INPUT General: No. of hidden inp ut characters 20 bit 1: 0 = d igi ts (0 -9, * , # and + ) onl y 1 = alphab et set Ye s Ye s bit 2: 0 = SM S defaul t alphabe t 1 = UCS 2 alp habet Ye s Ye s bit 3: 0 = ME ma y echo user input on the d isplay 1 = user inp ut not to b e re vealed in any way (see note) Ye s Y ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 35

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 35 SEND DTMF Ye s SEND SHORT MESSAGE bit 1: 0 = packing not requir ed 1 = SMS packi ng by the ME re quir ed Ye s Ye s SEND SS Ye s SEND USSD Ye s SET UP CALL General: C apabilit y configurati on Set-up speech call Cal lParty Suba ddress DTM F su pport Ye s No Ye s '00' = set u p call, b ut onl y if not ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 36

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 36 SET UP MENU Ye s SMS PP DOWNLOAD Y es Service Mode Support in T300/ T302 ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 37

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 37 User interaction with SIM AT DISPLA Y TEXT T ext of up to 240 charac ters ( 80 UCS coded) is suppor ted. Te x t c l e a r i n g t i m e s • 10-20 seconds . 60-se cond time-o ut limit for t he user to cl ear the t ex t. ‘Key’ responses • ‘Lo ng N O’ — Proact ive sessi on te rmin at ed by user . ? ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 38

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 38 a defa ult ti tle i s used. I f th e SIM AT Me nu I tem is sel ected usi ng the ‘YE S’ key all th e item s sen t in the Set Up Menu comman d will be availa ble fo r sele ctio n, i n the same way as t he S elect It em comman d. A limit of 30 me nu items ha s been set within th is command. ‘Key’ respon ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 39

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 39 T erminology and abbr eviations 3GPP 3rd Generation Partner ship Project. AMR Adaptive Multi Ra te. Audio fo rmat for spe ech sounds . API Applicat ion Pr ogr amming Interf ace. ASP Active Serve r Page. Server technology that generates web pages dyna mically . Bear er The method for accessi ng W AP fr om the ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 40

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 40 Gateway A WAP G atewa y ty pical ly in clud es th e fo llow ing functi ons: • A Proto col Gateway — the pr otoco l gate- way trans lates r equest s fr om the W AP protocol stac k to the WWW protocol stack (HTTP and TCP/IP). • Content Encoders and Decod ers — the content e ncode rs transl ate W eb cont ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 41

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 41 PIM Personal Infor mation Ma nagement . SMS-C Service Centr e (for SMS) . Service p ro vider A company that pr ov ides servi ces an d subscr iptio ns to mobi le pho ne users . SI Service I ndication. SL Service L oading. SIM car d Subscr iber Ident ity Mod ule car d — a car d that must be i nserted in an y ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 42

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 42 WMLSc rip t WMLScr ipt can be used t o enhanc e the functio nality of a servi ce, jus t as, for examp le, JavaScript may be utilized i n HTML. It makes it possibl e to a dd procedura l logic and comput ational func tions to W AP-based servi ces. WSP Wirel ess Sessio n Pr otocol. WTLS Wirel ess T ransport Laye ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 43

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 43 Related information Docum en ts • The T 300/T302 Us er’s guide • Sony Ericss on T30 0/T302 F AQ • AT Comma nd Reference Manua l • WAP June 2000 (WAP 2.0) Specificatio n Links • http://www .SonyEricsso n.com/ • http://wap. SonyErics son.com/ • http://www .SonyEricsso n.com/mobil ity- world • ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 44

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 44 T echnical specifications The cons umer pac k inclu des • Mobile Phone T3 00/T302/T30 0c • Stand ard Battery BST -2 2 (650 mAh, li- ion)) • Standard Char ger , CST -13 •U s e r C D • User’s gu ide, in cludin g battery i nformat ion • Accesso ry leaflet • Servic e and Support leafl et • SAR L ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 45

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 45 Ambient temp eratures Supported Ma n-Machine Interfac e (MMI) langu ages Depen ding on soft war e in the ph one, thes e languag es ar e suppor ted: Arabic ( AR), Brazi lian Portug uese (PB) , Bulgari an (BG), Canad ian Fr ench (CF) , Chines e traditio nal (ZC) , Chinese simpli fied (ZS), Croatian (HR), Czech ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 46

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 46 Curr ent consumption, talk and standby times Embedd ed ga mes Downlo adable game s Dime nsion V alue in GSM 9 00 T ransmission cu rr ent 55 mA (min) 210 mA (ma x) Standby cu rr ent 1.75 mA (min ), (pag ing rate 9, 1 neigh bour pr esent ) 3.55 mA (ma x), (pa ging rate 2, 16 neigh bours present) Standa rd Bat t ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 47

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 47 Speech c oding Cell broadcast s erv ice T r ue sandbo x techn ology Y es Tr u e f i l e s u p p o r t Y e s Sprit e detec tion c ollis ion Y es Dim ensio n Full rat e Enhan ced f ul l rate T ype RPE/LPC with LTP ACELP Bit rate 13.0 Kbp/ s 12.2 Kbp /s Frame durati on 20 ms 20 ms Block len gth 260 bits 244 bits ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 48

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 48 Short Messa ging Servic e Featur e Support in th e T300/T302 SMS Center Number It is possible to stor e the SM S Center Number . Pictur es I t is poss ible to i nsert a p ictur e/an icon into the t ext messag e. EM S comp liant mo bile h ands ets wil l be ab le to see t he pict ur e corr ectly . Input me thod ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 49

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 49 print v ia IrDA No Possi bilit ies of the pr eviousl y r eceive d message: reply to the sen der Y es (o nly to th e send er , not to all or part of the mes sage re cipient s) save th e message in the Inbox Y es forwar d th e message Y es know the r emini ng capaci ty stora ge Y es Suppor ted ways for re plyi ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 50

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 50 Enhanced Messaging Service Feature Support i n the T300/T302 Lev el of comp lian ce s uppo rted by th e handse t regarding t he spe cificat ions descri bed in release 4. Enhanced Messagi ng Service (EMS) acc or ding to the standard 3GPP TS 23.040 v4.3 .0, with the addition of the ODI fe atur e f ro m 3GPP TS ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 51

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 51 Multimedia Mes saging Servi ce Pictu re s It is poss ible to.. . • s end and re ceive pic tur es via EM S. • c re ate pi ctur es on W eb/W AP port als. • d ownload pictur es f rom W eb/W AP portals . • r eceive pictur es in enhanced messages origin ated by ser vice providers . Animat ions The hand set ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 52

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 52 Function aliti es that th e user is abl e to set duri ng me ssa ge co mpos itio n: •m e s s a g e subj ect • M SISDN r ecipient addr ess • e-mail r ecip ient ad dre ss •m e s s a g e Cc r ecipi ent( s) addr ess(es) • delivery repo rt req ue s t • read-rep ly rep o rt re q ue s t • message priori ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 53

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 53 Instant me ssag ing/ Chat Perform ance and te chnical c har acteristi cs MMS User Agent will re port pr oblems to user in ca se of : • message not sent cau ses no us er sub scripti on to service , if incl uded in Res ponseT ext (please see WAP209) • m essa ge not sen t caus es r equir ed functional ity no ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 54

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 54 T r ansmitt er Sp urious emission < -36 dBm up to 1 GHz < -30 dBm ov er 1 GHz (accor din g to GSM spec.) < - 30 dBm (accor di ng to GSM spe c.) < - 30 dBm (accor din g to GSM spec.) Receiver RF level Bette r than — 102 dBm — 102 dBm — 102 dBm Receiver RX Bit err or rate < 2.4% < 2.4% & ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 55

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 55 W AP br owser technica l data Featur e Support in the T300 /T302 W AP brows er Back to pr evious page Y es Bear er type GPRS (IP) Y es Bear er type GSM Da ta (IP) Y es, HSCSD, ISDN and ana log Bookmark s Y es, up t o 25 named bookmark s for easy access to fr equently visi ted pages Bookmark Export/Imp ort Y e ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 56

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 56 W AP operator technical data WAP br owser WAP 2.0 basel ine W AP pr ofiles Dynamic - up to 5 W AP profil es, each with its own s ettin gs WTLS (sec urity) Y es, WTLS Class 1 - Encodin g WTLS Class 2 - Encoding + Serv er Authent ication. Root Certific ates needed i n phone WTLS Class 3 - Encoding + Serv er Aut ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 57

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 57 OT A p rov isioning (if empty) Operator verification through a code , included in th e OT A data. This cod e is shown t o the user who can ch oose inst allati on or not. Inter face (if emp ty) An Inst all que stion is asked with the code, if avail able. The user has to choose i f a new W AP pr ofile shall be ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 58

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 58 SI menu st ructur e acce ssabi lity W AP services, Push in box SL re ception warning The us er can make a choice if a dialog is wanted or not befor e loadin g the SL. W AP servic es/opti ons/commo n/Pus h acces s/pr ompt SIA r eception warning Y es Cache size l imitat ions If the inbox is full a nd a new push ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 59

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 59 Downlo ad appl ication /pr odu ct memory chec k Ye s Downlo aded ob ject solu tion Y es. The user is ask ed if the cont ent is to be saved . UAP indic ation for download ing Y es Other features Y es. St ore , delete , forward, use, manage. Object form ats Ring ing ton es audio/iMe lody , other/eMe lody , vMel ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 60

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 60 GPRS technical data Dimension Support in the T300/T302 Compatib le GPRS and SMG specif ication s ETSI R97 SMG 31 bis Data rates Mul tislot class 4 support ed (3+1 ) CS-1, CS-2, CS- 3, CS-4 9,050 bps , 13,40 0 bps, 15, 600 bps, 2 1,400 b ps supporte d (net work- depen dent) Indi cator of at tachm en t to the G ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 61

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 61 Inter faces to ex ternal devic es suppor ted by the handset and avai labl e for a GPRS link IrDA, AT commands . IrDA, Datarate=SIR & MIR RS232, autobaud , max 460kbit/ s Downlink d ata rate Up to 64,2 00 bps fo r packet da ta communicati on, using 3 t ime slots i n coding sche me CS-4 Uplink data rate Up ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 62

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 62 Built-in GSM data modem technical data E-mail client technical data Dimension Support i n theT300/T3 02 Standards AT commands in dustry stand ard, ETSI 07.05 and 07 .07 and 07.10 , V .25t er command set support ed Data rate s, Circuit Switched (CSD ) Downlo ad data rate Up to 19,200 or 28 ,800 bp s (dep endin ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 63

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 63 USSD technical data Featur e Support in the T300/T3 02 USSD support GSM Phase 1/ 2 (C ross- phase compatib ility). GPRS behaviou r accor ding to class B Mode supp ort -mode M MI-mod e support ed. No applic ation mode supp ort (not need ed for a ny applicat ion). MMI-mo de detail s • USSD mes sages displa ye ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 64

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 64 Image f ormat technica l data Images — downlo ading to ph one Forma t Visible Ma x Anim ation Colour s Visible colours T ranspar ency support GIF 1 01 x 80 pics 160 x 120 pixels 50 frames ( 1 fram e/ 100ms) 256 256 (3:3:2=RGB; less blu e colours) JPEG 101 x 80 pics 640 x 480 pixels No 16.8 mil. 2 56 WBMP 10 ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 65

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 65 M-comme r ce technica l data Exceptions: MMS: GIF , WBMP , JPG, 160 x 120 p ics EMS icons: WBMP max Wid thxHeight<=1024 p ixels (eg 32 x 32=1024 ) Themes: GIF max, 1 60 x 120 pi xels WAP: Can not show animations in the WAP Br owser . The maximum file size when downloading via WAP is 60 kB if the gateway s ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 66

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 66 Release of SI M Appl ication T oolkit suppo rted R97 with add itions Informat ion t o the us er while in s ecured m ode ( WTLS ) Y es, via ico n Is an incomi ng clas s 2 SMS transf err ed to the SI M even when ano ther appli cation (a browser) i s running ? Ye s Access to t he WIM WIM can onl y be acc essed b ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 67

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 67 ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 68

T300/T30 2 White Paper, A ugust 2002 68 Index Numeric s 3GPP 14 A Abbrevi ations 39 Acknowledgemen t 43 Ambient t emperatures 45 Archit ecture 11 MMS Ce ntre 11 AT Command Functions 23 Audio 10 B Built-in GSM data mod em techni cal data 62 C Cell broadcast service 47 Comp atibil ity 14 Compa tible wi th old p hones 14 Current cons umption , talk an ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 69

T300/T30 2 White Paper , May 200 2 69 L Languag es, MMI 45 Links 43 M Memory management 6 MMS Centr e 11 MMS cont ent audio 10 graphics 8 SMIL presen tations 10 tex t 9 video 10 MMS Tech nical fea tures architect ure 11 MMSC 11 Mobil e chat 6 Mobile I nterne t 19 Modem and AT Commands 23 Multime dia mess age service 51 N News & commercials 14 O ...

• Sony Ericsson T300 - page 70

T300/T30 2 White Paper , May 200 2 70 SyncML techni cal da ta 65 T Techn ical speci ficati ons 44 Termi nology an d abbrevi atio ns 39 Text 9 Them es 7 Trademar ks and acknowle dgement s 43 U Unif ied mes saging 14 User-to-user 14 USSD tech nical da ta 63 V Vehicl e positi oning 14 Vide o 10 W WAP browser tech nical d ata 55 WAP operat or technica ...

Manufacturer Sony Ericsson Category Cell Phone

Documents that we receive from a manufacturer of a Sony Ericsson T300 can be divided into several groups. They are, among others:
- Sony Ericsson technical drawings
- T300 manuals
- Sony Ericsson product data sheets
- information booklets
- or energy labels Sony Ericsson T300
All of them are important, but the most important information from the point of view of use of the device are in the user manual Sony Ericsson T300.

A group of documents referred to as user manuals is also divided into more specific types, such as: Installation manuals Sony Ericsson T300, service manual, brief instructions and user manuals Sony Ericsson T300. Depending on your needs, you should look for the document you need. In our website you can view the most popular manual of the product Sony Ericsson T300.

A complete manual for the device Sony Ericsson T300, how should it look like?
A manual, also referred to as a user manual, or simply "instructions" is a technical document designed to assist in the use Sony Ericsson T300 by users. Manuals are usually written by a technical writer, but in a language understandable to all users of Sony Ericsson T300.

A complete Sony Ericsson manual, should contain several basic components. Some of them are less important, such as: cover / title page or copyright page. However, the remaining part should provide us with information that is important from the point of view of the user.

1. Preface and tips on how to use the manual Sony Ericsson T300 - At the beginning of each manual we should find clues about how to use the guidelines. It should include information about the location of the Contents of the Sony Ericsson T300, FAQ or common problems, i.e. places that are most often searched by users in each manual
2. Contents - index of all tips concerning the Sony Ericsson T300, that we can find in the current document
3. Tips how to use the basic functions of the device Sony Ericsson T300 - which should help us in our first steps of using Sony Ericsson T300
4. Troubleshooting - systematic sequence of activities that will help us diagnose and subsequently solve the most important problems with Sony Ericsson T300
5. FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
6. Contact detailsInformation about where to look for contact to the manufacturer/service of Sony Ericsson T300 in a specific country, if it was not possible to solve the problem on our own.

Do you have a question concerning Sony Ericsson T300?

Use the form below

If you did not solve your problem by using a manual Sony Ericsson T300, ask a question using the form below. If a user had a similar problem with Sony Ericsson T300 it is likely that he will want to share the way to solve it.

Copy the text from the picture

Comments (0)